[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm summary (fwd)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 4 12:33:17 EST 2005

>>> ad6nh at arrl.net 1/4/05 11:51:58 AM >>>
>>>Actually there probaly are ...areas of California that can tolerate

>>WIDEn-N, but it cannot possibly be true for the LA Basin,...
>>If it were me, I'd think of something like SOCALn-N for the
>>LA Basin ...

>Completely unnecessary in my opinion.  Let the IGates
>handle taking the messages out of state. ...
> No reason to complicate matters by making all of these different
paths.

I agree.  But if you turn off WIDEn-N on a digi, why not put
somthing useable in its place for special needs.
Im *not* saying that people should then routinely *use*
such area-wide paths, but having them will faciliitate area
wide comunications when needed.

The universal recommendation for users is to use a 1 or
to hop path routinely and ignore these fancy SSn-N
and LINKn-N paths except on those rare ocasions when
needed.  Then they are nice to have..

Bob

73
Phil - AD6NH