[aprssig] Bob, Address the WIDE7-6 Possibility

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 22 10:52:01 EST 2005

What I am excited about the New n-N Paradigm is that
we have eliminated a lot of legacy that caused problems
(WIDE,TRACE,SS, TRACEn-N, etc).  And we now have
given the users two simple paths of WIDEn-N and SSn-N
that support long haul travelers and local use.

I do not expect an overnight solution, probably will take
months.  But at least we now have a workable plan.
There will always be users that refuse to change.  But it
is best to work around them rather than butt heads
with them.  If friendly bulletins dont work, then best not
to let them get the best of us.  I would not even consider
BUDLISTING anyuone for several months.  etc...

You guys in NC led the way and showed how much
improvement is possible (and how much some people
will refuse change)...  good luck!  Bob

>>> CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU 2/22/05 9:33:21 AM >>>
Bob,
I don't think the new n-N Paradigm has been finalized (at least I hope
not).  There are still a BUNCH of problems that your plan does not
address.  You are under the assumption that people are rational and
want
to play well with others; I have seen quite the opposite on numerous
occasions.  If you prevent the QRM, then there is none.  But with your
plan we are back at square one.

Until we can get some REAL network control (i.e. hop counting in the
digipeaters) then I would refrain from using "finalized new n-N
paradigm" as I HOPE it isn't final!

73s,
Eric KF4OTN