[aprssig] Bob, Address the WIDE7-6 Possibility

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Feb 22 09:40:42 EST 2005

I used RELAY,WIDE2-2 from Dallas to NE Iowa last fall and had full
world-wide coverage except where there wasn't a digipeater at all so
path wouldn't have made a difference there anyway.  PLEASE DON'T use
WIDE4-4 or WIDE3-3 in Texas or the surrounding areas, ESPECIALLY not in
the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area (highest density according to Bob's
maps).  RELAY,WIDE (yes we have some holes that WIDEn-n don't cover
well) or WIDE (doesn't cause dupes) for local DFW area paths, please.

If you want to fix the problem and not just apply a bandaid which will
eventually break, get rid of source routing entirely.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net