[aprssig] (no subject)

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sat Feb 19 19:02:38 EST 2005

Ron Stordahl schreef:

> Henk
>
> Do you really think for one minute that it would be wise to put a PC
> at a remote site that runs 40 F below in the winter and 100 F above in
> the summer and is subject to regular power failure/restores?
>
> If so, come here and take over the maintenance of 15 remote sites please!
>
> Ron, N5IN

I have seen laptops with a hadrdisk running in simular situations so a
hardiskless laptop would be able to handle that without a problem.
we are talking about scrap computers anyway, get a few spares in case
one fails after a year or two, a transmitter is more likely to fail.
why not just try it on a site that you have easy access too first and
maybe you like so much that you put them on mountain tops as well

73 de Andre PE1RDW