[aprssig] (no subject)

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sun Feb 20 10:50:19 EST 2005

scott at opentrac.org schreef:
> Industrial single-board PCs are used all over the place.  Granted, if you
> need tolerance of extreme environmental conditions you're going to pay for
> it....

But... are the TNC and the TRX certified for these extreme conditions? I
don't think they are either... The PC board doesn't have to be much better
than the weakest link in the chain. I think the TRX is most likely the
weakest link in any installation. How do you keep it tuned and sensitive
under the presented conditions? I would not worry about the PC board but
about the TRX and, another candidate, the powersupplies.

Kind regards,

Henk.