[aprssig] Quake info via APRS

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Feb 10 10:53:00 EST 2005

Be careful.  There is nothing to key on for gating to RF (WE7U sends all
of these worldwide, which can be very numerous and the object name
doesn't have any location information).  If you are connected to a
filtered server port which is only passing packets for your area, you
MIGHT be able to get away with gating to RF.  I say "might" because some
areas like California receive a lot of these and there may not be much
available RF bandwidth.  If you do gate them to RF, please use a very
short path so you do not QRM other areas which might not have an
interest.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net