[aprssig] Re: FindU Maps Quirky

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Feb 9 20:17:17 EST 2005

by 'wolfpack' are you referring to a beowulf cluster?  No need.  'Wulfs
are generally computational rather than availability, clusters.  Unless
the hit rate gets a LOT higher, we don't need more'n 2-3 servers, IMNSHO.

Current corporate changeout plans that I'm aware of for servers are 2-3
years.  I expect that to start flattening some, as I don't expect 5 GHz
Pentiums or Opterons any time soon... too hot to deal with.

gerry