[aprssig] Re: FindU Maps Quirky

KC2MMi kc2mmi at verizon.net
Wed Feb 9 19:34:01 EST 2005

Jason, that's why I mentioned something that would do the job for the next
five years--not forever. Ideally dual servers or a wolfpack cluster would be
nice too, but since there are real budget constraints, I'm just considering
one machine, for one period. Replacing a server every year is blue sky.
Expecting a server to perform "the same job it is doing today" for 3-5 years
is pretty normal in corporate work, and about as far ahead as anyone can
plan.

> The cost of one "real server"<
<Plan for buying one new server every 3 to 5 years.>