[aprssig] The Ultimate New WIDEn-N Paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 7 14:13:06 EST 2005

>>> Eric Christensen <kf4otn at earthlink.net> 2/7/05 2:00:41 PM >>>
>My only problem with this "solution" is that what happens
>when a digipeater has to do dual roles?  I mean that from
>your LAN the outside LANs would seem like the offending
>digi that would need to filter out the crud.  BUT from that digi's
>LAN yours seems like the offender.

By eliominating the ##LINKn-N idea, now there are only two n-N
roles, WIDEn-N and SSn-N, and all digis can support both.
If one takes the CUT-OFF approach, then he cuts-off his incoming
and his outgoing QRM (no problem there).  If he takes the
TRAP-OUT approach then he is helping everyone in the network
and is hoping others will do the same to limit their QRM from
reaching him...

Bob