[aprssig] The Ultimate New WIDEn-N Paradigm

Eric Christensen kf4otn at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 14:23:19 EST 2005

So what is the point of using WIDEn-N, again?  What have we changed to reduce the QRM?  By eliminating the use of WIDEn-N, we are reducing the amount of out-of-area QRM that comes in.  By eliminating WIDEn-N on the digipeaters, we keep those users that don't know about proper settings or that can't be swayed to support proper settings from inundating the fragile LANs that we are working to maintain.