[aprssig] Re: Ultimeter II & KPC3+

Kurt O. Jauss kf6hjo at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 11:11:38 EST 2005

    After looking in to this, it looks like you might be out of luck
using this weather station tied directly to a TNC.  One option (
although expensive ) is to run WEATHERDISPLAY.

http://www.weather-display.com/

ULTIMETER II SERIAL DATA OUTPUT

The following information is provided for those who may wish to write
their own programs to use serial data from the ULTIMETER II.

The ULTIMETER II provides serial data output at a nominal 2400 baud
rate. This a one way data flow with no handshaking. The serial output
rate averages about 15 records per minute. The serial output is briefly
interrupted at times while the microprocessor attends other functions.
If an output record is interrupted, the balance of the same record will
be output following the interruption. Each record starts with an
asterisk (mph) or pound sign (kmph), and ends with a carriage return and
a line feed, in the sequence shown below:

* or # START OF RECORD (1BYTE)
CURRENT WIND DIRECTION (1 HEX DIGIT) 0 IS NORTH, 4 IS EAST, ETC.
CURRENT WIND SPEED (2 HEX DIGITS) IN MPH IF *: IN KMPH IF #
CURRENT TEMPERATURE (2 HEX DIGITS) SUBTRACT 56 FOR DEGREES F
UPPER RAIN GAUGE (4 HEX DIGITS) DIVIDE BY 10 OR 100 FOR INCHES*
LOWER RAIN GAUGE (4 HEX DIGITS) DIVIDE BY 10 OR 100 FOR INCHES*

CR LF
* Divide by 10 if your rain gauge senses each 0.1 (0.5mm).
* Divide by 100 if your rain gauge senses each 0.01 (or 0.25mm).