[aprssig] NWS SAME useful for APRS weather feed?

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Mon Aug 29 10:56:34 EDT 2005

No, I didn't miss that post.  As pointed out in another post, the SAME
data is simply FIPS codes and warning type.  While you could write an
application to have this generate a NWS format message, it will be of
little value to those spotting as this same information is being given
on the voice net.  And if the Internet is up (most of the time, contrary
to your assertions), your application would simply create duplicate
messages that fill up mobile radio message buffers.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net