[aprssig] Bad Path

kc5zrq kc5zrq at d-star.us
Fri Aug 26 16:22:40 EDT 2005

Tell me how to get the 100 or so miles to Clovis> from
Lubbock --  and I don't mean highway 84!  <G>> >
Earl> > > Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk>

This morning I messaged to W5ROY-15 by transmitting packets
from my home station in South Lubbock directly to the BLKWTR
digipeater.  At the time, there were over 120 stations in my
list, and that's not counting all the objects.

The truth is, if you want to communicate reliably between
Lubbock and Clovis, a path of about 100 miles, you need to
setup another digipeater.

Using a path with lots of hops isn't going to improve the
reliability of communications.  What are you hoping for?  To
make a big circle over to AI5TX-1, which is also about 100
miles away from Lubbock's digipeaters?

So how do you get 100 miles or so to Clovis from Lubbock?
Add a digipeater or use the established internet gateways.

John, KC5ZRQ
   This Email Was brought to you by
               WebMail
    A Netwin Web Based EMail Client