[aprssig] Repeater coverage in midwest

Vic Fraenckel victorf at windreader.com
Fri Aug 19 21:13:09 EDT 2005

I will be chasing a manned gas balloon out of ABQ, NM starting around Oct 1. The balloon is participating in a long distance competition. These races typically fly over most of the midwest states - CO, TX, NE, KS, IA, SD, ND, MN and occasionally range as far as MA. Each balloon will carry a APRS tracker. I am wondering about repeater coverage in the midwest. Can anyone speak to this? Are repeater locations documented somewhere?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
victorf ATSIGN windreader DOTcom