[aprssig] Re: One last question on digipeater code for TNC-X

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:13:32 EDT 2005

> ok, so the immediate area gets beacons 1 & 2 every
>15 min - this is probably excessive to some degree..

Actually, it isnt.  In fact, in the USA we want to see
the local digi, show that it is up and running once
every 10 minutes.  That is the established "net cycle
time" for LOCAL DIRECT operations for APRS.  And
the load of 1 packet every 10 minutes direct from
the local digi (the most important asset in the area)
is less than 0.0016 of channel capacity.

Is good nice to know informatin for someone just
turning on their radio or just driving into the area.

de WB4APR, Bob