[aprssig] Digipeating with a Kam

Vince rradiohham1 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 22:51:34 EDT 2005

What do you need to digipeat with Kam TNC using the new paradigm?.

I work events, (50K runs), using pocket trackers and TT-3s, but the terrain  has a lot of hills and not providing very good coverage in the area of the run. And would like to set up a digipeater for the day of the event. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, and there are several digipeaters around, but they do not cover the area of the runs very well.

I have a KPC-3 with ver. 6.0, a Kam Plus with ver. 8.0 and another with ver. 8.2. Can I set up a digipeater with these using the new settings? or do need to go to ver.9.1 and a new Kam to do this? Or is there another way to do it on a temporary digipeater?

Can the any of these Kam's be upgraded to ver. 9.1 if it is necessary?.

I would like to use the new paradigm (WIDE2-2), to use the digipearters in the area as well.

TIA and 73
Vince, K6BIR