[aprssig] Is the APRS Spec for APRS Data Type Identifier just randomly ignored? Should it be?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Aug 18 00:38:54 EDT 2005

On Aug 18, 2005, at 12:20 AM, James Washer wrote:

> What about a packet like "W6BXN-3>APTW01,WIDE,qAo,KF6HJO:TARC WX"
>
> Clearly an APRS packet, DTI of a Telemetry packet, but it is
> obviously not a telemetry packet. Would you not consider this an
> error?

The DTI  is T, but telemetry packets always start with T#, that is
what my telemetry parsing code looks for, and packet that starts with
T# is flagged as telemetry. Even a packet like T#ARC WX won't result
in an appearance on the error.cgi page though, because the telemetry
values are not parsed out when the packet comes in, that occurs when
a request is made to view the telemetry.

Steve K4HG