[aprssig] Is the APRS Spec for APRS Data Type Identifier just randomly ignored? Should it be?

James Washer washer at trlp.com
Thu Aug 18 00:48:26 EDT 2005

I guess I'm just arguing for a STRICT interpretation of the spec. I believe that if findu would display "ILLEGAL PACKET", possibly with some text explaining what rule was broken, for any searches where the packets were not in strict adherence, folks might start fixing their configs. Most folks are probably mis-configuring out of ignorance, and when they look on findu and find their station they figure everything is good.

 - jim KG7HH