[aprssig] Wrap up [was: How to digi 6x in the New APRS world?]

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 23:42:26 EDT 2005

w2ev at arrl.net wrote:

> I need 6 hops because that represents the DX I can attain on 10-GHz
> with my station.  I've actually mapped it out.  It isn't 30
> states...it is parts of four states and one province (not even full
> states at that), assuming that the frame gets 6 digi's out in the
> first place

Assuming you actually succeed in getting out 6 hops, how many users do
you actually expect to:

A)  See the message, allowing for all the dumb TX-only trackers and
TH-D7/D700 users not in a position to see and/or read the message?

B) Be equipped to operate on 10 GHz if they do see the message?

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

APRS Symbol Chart
  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/miscinfo/APRS_Symbol_Chart.pdf