[aprssig] One last question on digipeater code for TNC-X

ke4nyv at hamhud.net ke4nyv at hamhud.net
Tue Aug 16 23:28:13 EDT 2005

John, this is a cut from Bob's Fix 144.39 page for the KPC-3+ 8.3 firmware
settings for a WIDEn-n digi.

BLT 1  EVERY 00:30:00 START 00:00:00
BLT 2  EVERY 00:30:00 START 00:10:00
BLT 3  EVERY 01:00:00 START 00:20:00
BLT 4  EVERY 01:00:00 START 00:50:00
LTP 1  APN383
LTP 2  APN383
LTP 3  APN383 VIA WIDE2-1 <== One hop, but does not bring up WIDE1-1's
LTP 4  APN383 VIA WIDE2-2 <== equivalent to a user path of WIDE3-3>

We're using these exact settings with KE4NYV-5 and K4FDS-5 here in SW
Virginia.
It seems to be doing the job while keeping the channel load down.  Going by
this, I GUESS you need four, but you can see that the first two use no path,
direct only.  But, they are timed to beacon 10 minutes apart and then you dive
into the next two with actual paths.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more details.  But that is what we're
using and its working.  I'll be damn glad to see the Xdigi board so I can free
up my KPC-3 for other uses ;o)

Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics