[aprssig] How to digi 6x in the New APRS world?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 16 10:32:24 EDT 2005

> What would be the "new North American paradigm"
> setting for assuring that my APRS frame is
>digipeated for a maximum of six times

We need more information.  Just sending it out
with WIDE2-2 while surrounded by 6 digipeaters
will digipeat the packet at least 6 times if you hit
2 digipeaters on the first hop and each one of
them can hit 3 others.

If you want to go out 6 hops in all directions,
that can generate over 150 copies of the
same packet.  Which NO ONE wants you to do.

If you want 6 hops in one direction, then
that is much easier to do and only generates
2% of te QRM that the 6 hops in ALL directions
does.

You need to be specific about your objectives...

Bob