[aprssig] Broadcasting?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 3 19:55:44 EDT 2005

I would address it as calling "QST" and calling all
interested amateurs.  You do this to start a net on
the air.  Give the specifics of the situation.  There
is  ...... at...... impacting....... for the
foreseeable future.  Please make alternate travel
plans if this is on your current route.

Call for all intersted hams to call you back and start
an informal rag chew and start a net.

OR, Call a specific amateur operator or two or three
and make a conversation and then mention the situation
for interested parties in the area.

Dont' talk for five minutes and time out the repeater
though or that is defiinitely broadcasting.

What about announcements on a voice repeater that alot
of pepole use for their hamfests or weekly nets and or
monthly club meetings?  Is this is a broadcast too?

Large can of worms here.

73,
Chris
KB8UIH