[aprssig] AA3JY-4 and WIDEN-N

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sun Apr 24 08:32:16 EDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 12:23 AM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> Effective immediately, RELAY is considered obsolete.  Digis all over
> the country are switching amazingly rapidly

Some are, some are not.  One digi I depend on is apparently RELAY only.
  A couple have changed, a couple are still R/W/Wn.

> Furthermore, if you are truely " frequently out where there are few or
> no digis in range.", why would the path matter at all?

Because if there are few, it makes it even more important to use an
alias that those few recognize.

I certainly don't mean to talk bad about new N-n (I think it's a great
improvement), but it isn't 100% deployed yet.  The best thing you can
do is try switching to W2-2 or W3-3 and see if your coverage remains
the same.

-Jason
kg4wsv