[aprssig] Re: CAP and APRS

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Apr 7 14:28:15 EDT 2005

At 11:49 AM 4/7/2005, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>About CAP and APRS:
>
>Ten years ago, APRS was very strong in CAP and was
>really gathering steam.  Then some bureaucrat made the
>CAP rule that HAM equipment could not be used on CAP
>frquencies and that was the end of it.  I do not know if
>anything has changed.  ?

         My experience with CAP was about 15 years ago, and it seemed like
everybody at the state level was all caught up in their own
importance.  Wouldn't allow anything out of the ordinary to be discussed,
much less tried.  Oh well, their loss...

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info