[aprssig] Traffic info in APRS

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Tue Apr 5 16:16:17 EDT 2005

At 03:18 PM 4/5/2005 -0400, you wrote:
 >Anyone know of an easy way to derrive lat/lon from State, Interstate and mile
 >marker? Is this info available in a table somewhere or a way to build a
table?

I've not seen it for Texas, either. However, you could for a small set of
data, manually build a table.

Street Atlas has the mile markers available. I would bet other map programs
do also. Hmm, so it might be in the Tiger data those maps are based on.

Anyhow, in Street Atlas (versions 9 and earlier), you just hover the
pointer over a mile marker, and the status bar returns lat/lon.

See also:
http://oahumpo.org/T6EJ/Final2001/Final_Appx_D.PDF

Try google for "tiger maps mile markers" for some more info. Remember Tiger
data may be in "unexpected" datums.