[aprssig] Traffic info in APRS

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Apr 5 14:36:03 EDT 2005

I agree - APRS objects should only be sent for abnormal conditions.

With APRS in my area, the number of vehicles is very limited, but truckers are
pretty regular. Giving them a heads-up to traffic problems in front of them
would be a very helpful. Only knowing about traffic problems when an APRS
vehicle goes into the area would mean that the truckers would generally never
know about a problem. BUT, using data from sensors, the information could be
broadcast on RF in time for people to take an alternate route. I'm thinking
mostly (at least initially) about interstate roads.