[aprssig] Traffic info in APRS

Frank Keeney - KG6JVE kg6jve at pasadena.net
Tue Apr 5 13:04:10 EDT 2005

IMHO, the most important CHP data that would help APRS users are the road
closures. With the recent winter record rain in S. Calif. Many roads and
highways were closed due to slides and other damage. Several remain closed.

IMHO There is no point in posting highway speeds and most accidents.
Freeways are slow from 7am to 10am and 2pm to 7pm M-F, this is the "normal"
pattern.

I'd like to see "abnormal" incidents in RF APRS. Road closures and other
severe incidents that are out of the normal pattern would be very helpful.

Frank
KG6JVE