[aprssig] UiView32 Registrations

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:12:10 EDT 2005

Well then I'm still confused... This website:
 http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiv32.htm
 Says:
 "would like any new user of UI-View32 to contribute, on an entirely
voluntary basis, to their national Cancer Research organization"
 What you describe is that, in order for one to use the program, they are
required to contribute. I don't disagree that they SHOULD contribute, nor do
I disagree that most WILL contribute, but I do disagree that he requested
that ALL contribute. That's what the "entirely voluntary basis" is all
about. He would "like" you to, but does not require it. It's voluntary. The
registration form on the website doesn't have a checkbox for "did you
contribute?".
 Can you explain to me the difference between filling out the form stating
that you read the information about Roger and having someone manually email
you a registration code versus running a program, acknowledging that you
read the information, and being given the registration number? Or going to a
website, reading the information, giving your callsign, and having the
website automatically give you back a registration number? Maybe there is
one but I haven't seen it come out clearly yet in this thread.
 I think Scott's purpose (and correct me if I'm wrong here Scott) is to
assist, not to take over. Not to go against Roger's wishes. Scott even says
so in his second post on this topic (which most have apparently ignored by
now):
 "I wouldn't want to do that if there was a continuing need for registration
for any other reason, though."
 I think the bottom line is that the issue is between Scott and the folks
handling the registrations for UI-View.
 73 - Matt