[aprssig] Latest Xastir Release: 1.4.0, 09/16/2004

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 24 07:56:15 EDT 2004

In the Mapserver world, arguably at least as complex as xastir, we
finally got a patient and well organized individual to script his steps
in a cold-install.  He then added that to the Wiki, with comments.  It's
now a virtual script (and a real script for some) to get that package up
and running.  I suggest we could do the same.  That document should be a
separate one from the README, INSTALL laundry list, etc.  On the
Mapserver Wiki, it's one page, and, well, it works.

I've installed, and reinstalled xastir and I still forget the steps if
I've been involved in something else and lost the focus.  We could fix
this pretty easily.

I'm as far behind on minutes in the day as the next guy and farther back
than some.  I'm off at a meeting next week, and I'll put this on the
to-do list for the sessions where I really don't want to listen but
attendance is required:-)

gerry