[aprssig] Latest Xastir Release: 1.4.0, 09/16/2004

John Kraus jfkraus3 at cox.net
Thu Sep 23 20:21:30 EDT 2004

I gave up on Debian when after trying for unsuccessfully for a week to get
the jigsaw or whatever to work.  I also downloaded cd images from an FTP
site but none of them would run after burning either with cd as boot drive
or using floppies.

I may not have been totally clear on the last post the LFS system took 6
days to compile everything not Xastir. I point this out to indicate that I
am not totally without Linux experience.

Where Xastir was concerned I got tired of chasing down packages from a
dozen different places where it was hit or miss to be able to get given
package or to be able to get it to work after fighting a dozen mirrors to
find one that worked.

One day when I have time 2-3 weeks with nothing else important to do I may
give it another shot.