[aprssig] conveying map view

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 22 07:44:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> > that is, always center on a station sending PRIORITY or EMERGENCY.
> > Yes, its only part of what Wes asked for, but its trivial.
>
> And this works only for stations transmitting MIC-E format packets.
> Those are the only ones that can have Priority and Emergency status.

Yes, but most small trackers use the Mic-E protocol and those
are the folks (the mobiles and protables) that are in the situation
where they may need to identify their location that way.

I cant imagine all that  much application for someone in their
basement running 24/7 to want to cause everyone's map to focus on
them... thou Ham egos are a powerful incentive...

bob
,
trackers,
and any PIC/micro type device can do it also
if the author implements it.>