[aprssig] APRS maps

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Sep 20 21:24:00 EDT 2004

Kurt asked September 20, 2004 10:54 AM

> I have a friend that wants to plot APRS stations on a map and I
> forgot how to do the corner X = lat/lon thing. Can somebody help me on this?

I assume you are talking about calibrating the map. What program is your friend using? Using UI-View32, maps (usually copied into the MAPS folder first) can be dragged to the regular map view and then calibrated... either top left / bottom right corner, or by any two points - preferably close to two opposite corners. The program then creates an INF file that contains the calibration and a "name" of the map. As always, hit F1 for help while learning how to use the feature. I am sure that other programs will have different procedures.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
--
"I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am."