[aprssig] Garmin Writst GPS

Stephen H. Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 20:59:35 EDT 2004

Robert Bruninga wrote on 9/13/2004, 6:03 AM:

 > It did have a big problem in that it powers up in
 > GAMRIN interface every time. and you have to
 > manually reset it to NMEA every time.  But he said
 > there is a firmware upgrde avaiable to fix that part.

I mentioned this issue in my review of this device at:
      http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/aprs/Foretrex.htm

The current flash memory firmware upgrade downloadable from the Garmin
web site fixes this problem.

As far as I can determine, there is no provision to upload ANYTHING
except firmware upgrades into the device.