[aprssig] Roger's legacy to APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 10 19:43:46 EDT 2004

It was with shock and sadness that I leared of Roger's passing.

When he came on the APRS scene at the turn of  the
century, we were finalizing the APRS spec, and he brought
to the table a freshness and logical outlook that breathed
new life into a long and tedious process.

His code brought a fresh global view to APRS maping
technology and coming in while we were finishing the
documentation of the Spec, his UIview code was able
to implement a pretty good percentage of the overall
APRS system.

He was always willing to take a look at new ideas and a
fresh look at old ideas to  contribute to the global growth of
APRS by continuing to put more of the full APRS Spec into
his code and to make operations easier for his users.

It sure was great working with Roger...
Truely a dedicated man to the hobby.

We will surely miss him...
But what a legacy he leaves behind for us all!

May his path be always short
his channel always clear
and his packets collision free!

Thanks Roger