[aprssig] Delorme Street Atlas USA with

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Sep 9 12:08:24 EDT 2004

I have taken some time to play with this idea and have had some successful
results.

I wrote some Perl script which reads a stream of APRS data from one of the
TIER2 servers and waits for a GPS packet from a particular callsign - when it
finds it, it strips everthing except the NMEA sentence from the packet and
sends the NMEA sentence to a connected TCP/IP port.

I have Delorme running connected to COM6:. COM6: is redirected to the TCP/IP
port with the perl server by using a demo copy of "Serial/IP Redirector" by
Tactical Software.

Basically, what this gives me is the ability to monitor a remote GPS unit
using  DeLorme or other software that reads NMEA data from a serial port.

I would like to find an open source replacement for the Serial/IP Redirector
piece to run under Windows. Anyone have any suggestions?

--
William McKeehan
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
http://mckeehan.homeip.net