[aprssig] Re: increasing WideX-X

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Sat Oct 2 22:48:05 EDT 2004

Right, plenty of high altitude digis already hearing each other in
California, and the IGates hearing them.  The trick is simply to get into
the first one.  After that happens your chances of access to an IGate (and
chances of packet collisions) are equal to everybody else's.  But those
chances are still reduced unnecessarily by other users' use of too broad
digipaths and/or too frequent transmissions.  The audio we hear in our own
particular valley locations is not a good indication of the extent of the
problem.  Most of the packet collisions and resultant reduced throughput
occurs between the high altitude digis which all hear each other above the
ridges, and we don't hear it all in our particular valley.
73, Cap KE6AFE

<snip>