[aprssig] Re: increasing WideX-X

Kurt O. Jauss kf6hjo at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 2 22:24:10 EDT 2004

    Ok,
let me jump into this one. As I am the local IGATE in the area, WIDE3-3
is not needed to get a packet into FINDU. As I hear all the local digis
direct, a single WIDE  will get to me. Now that is not saying that it
will every time due to collisions. There is also the problem of
multi-path while in the mountains. The Yosemite Digi went up with a bad
TNC,  another one is being bench tested and will be installed on
Tuesday.  I will test the system sometime next week with a trek up to
Yosemite. I doubt it will be before Thursday as I am taking flying
lessons and plan to solo on tuesday.  ( WEE HAA)  Another item about the
Yosemite Digi is it is south in the park and only one local digi sees
it. W6BXN-3 is a very busy digi and I am sure there are a lot of
collisions.. I hope the Wx will be a bit more reliable. It is using a
KPC-3 , Wxtrack and a PEET 100 with .01 rain gauge.

    Kurt