[aprssig] WinAPRS fails to accept ACKed messages

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 26 09:20:18 EST 2004

I use WinAPRS but don't leave the computer linked to
TCPIP 24/7.  I just connect when I want to send a
message directly to another station that I know is
connected.  We ususally get acks and have an exchange
and then I disconnect.  We are 900 mi apart so RF
directly is out of the question.

Locally, I have sent and received messages and haven't
had this problem.

There is a message retry function to keep sending a
message that hasn't been acked that defaults to 5X.
It can be changed however.

The only way I know to not ack a message and stop
sending it is if the sending station is an aligator
and doesn't hear as well as it transmits.

How about one in a heavy RF environment that can't
hear as well as it needs to?  I am not justifying
this, It is just a theory to explain your problem.

What station is it that won't ack the message and then
stop sending?

Thanks,
Chris
KB8UIH