[aprssig] WinAPRS fails to accept ACKed messages

aa3jy at winlink.org aa3jy at winlink.org
Wed Nov 24 09:18:58 EST 2004

I've been noticing this problem for awhile.. When I receive a message from a user of WinAPRS..my program will send out continous ACK's to that message..However the original message fails to be deleted by the returned *ACK*. I have to generate another message to the WinAPRS user to plse delete his last message..other wise I receive a screen full of the same message. If the WinAPRS user isn't by his keyboard for months..well..it's self explainatory.

I've been watching the TCP/IP screen and I can see dozens of messages not being cancelled or deleted by users of WinAPRS..Isn't there a time expiration feature with that program??

Clay AA3JY
(via Winlink)