[aprssig] New wxpage.cgi

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Wed Nov 24 08:15:26 EST 2004

On 11/24/04 at 6:24 AM Dave Kaplan <dkaplan at steffeninc.com> sent:

>If I try to check my data quality from the FINU web page I get taken to:
>http://pond1.gladstonefamily.net:8080/cgi-bin/wxqchart.pl?site=AP032
>and get the following message:
>This site is not being monitored for data. The site has been registered,
>but the registration has not been confirmed.
>
>So then I check using http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wx.cgi?call=AP032 and see:
>
>Sorry, no weather reports found for AP032 in the 24 last hours

The APnnn is a number used when your data is forwarded to NOAA, they do not get
your callsign. This had to be done because their ingest engine did not like the
multiple letter/number combinations, as well as the 9 char maximum length of ham
radio callsigns. findU until recently did not have these numbers, but still only
uses them to generate the URL of the QA graphs. Weather data is still, and
always will be, stored under your callsign.

>But yet http://www.met.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=AP032
>shows my data quality good
>
>What is the difference between these pages and why do I show up with good
>data quality on one page and the other says I never send any data and am
>not registered?

The QA graphs generated by Philip are not generated for everyone, I was not
aware of this until recently, and we are still looking at the situation. If
Philip is not able to do it for everyone, I will modify the cgi to only show the
link for those that have signed up for his email service.

Steve K4HG