[aprssig] Fwd: MacAPRS for MacOSX

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Mon Nov 15 16:37:51 EST 2004

Mark Sproul has been trying to post to the sig without success, so he asked me
to post an announcement about a new version of WinAPRS, and for the
long-suffering Mac-heads, the first version of MacAPRS for OS-X! Get them at:

http://www.winaprs.org/downloads

The OS-X version does not do serial I/O yet, but does work with the APRS IS.

From Mark:

Lots of new features, listed below

Also I am trying agian to work on the GDlib version. Have you been
able to get gdlib to work under codewarrior?

# Major improvements in Tiger map drawing. Specifically the first
time a map was drawn it took awhile to figure out all of the shaded
areas. This has been speed up dramatically and at the same time uses
considerable less memory. HOWEVER, it takes a little longer to
process the map files into binary. It DOES NOT require the ascii
files to create the new version of the binary files.

# Back ground drawing. Much of the tiger map drawing is now done in
the background. This speeds up many of the map operations.

# Support for Toporama Canadian map images This covers 100% of Canada

# Added support for Census Bureau Gazetteer place name file. This
includes searching by city.

# Added support for GPS data $GPNVP, this is a special, non standard
NMEA sentance used in Korea and Japan. This was added at the request
of Korean users.

# Added TRUE rotated labels option for Tiger Map display