[aprssig] Re: [OZAPRS] Windows UI-View Replacement - Development

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 15 15:05:02 EST 2004

>>> apritch at blueyonder.co.uk 11/15/04 2:13:17 PM >>>
> But what we are talking about here is building a framework
>to allow people to pick and mix there application and to
>promote developing of new components...

For the purpose of facilitating a workable APRS network
independent of software and platform, I can think of no
better receipe for disaster than encouragning the picking
and choosing of what is to be included or left out of a variety
of APRS applications.  What we will end up with is that
users of different applications will see diffeerent things and
make it impossible for human-to-human unambiguous
interpretation of the data.  A further tower of babble will result.

I am not saying this in opposition to new code, but only
that the full spec should be implemented first before making
unique add-ons.

Just my 2 cents.
Bob