[aprssig] ID requirements...

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 11 07:50:43 EST 2004

In regard to a path of one,

Where does the traffic have to go past your digi?  If
its path is only 1, it wouldn't go past one station
away from you.  Is that one hop an I gate?  Is that
one station alwyas reliable?  If you don't want to
have your digi send past one hop, then is it on its
own net frequency that those two stations share and
off 144.39mhz?

As an aside Winaprs will tell me how many hops a
received packet takes, I can read it on the screen.  I
can see the stations identified to read the call signs
and make my own directed paths if necessarry.  When my
packets are digied I can see what digis heard it.

Curious,

Chris
KB8UIH