[aprssig] ID requirements...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Nov 9 08:59:39 EST 2004

> ...Let's add a 'time-slotting' parameter to spread out
> [the 10 min DIGI posits] a bit.

Good idea.  But I doubt that any TNC keeps that good
of time nor do the sysops keep the clocks set.  Maybe
someone can study this  and report b ack!

Should be simple to do.  Just time the arrival of packets
from two local digis for a few hours and see how much
drift there is in the timing?

Or easier, do a HISTORY from FINDU.  (or maybe FINDU
does not log non-moving posits?)

Bob

  May I
suggest that you add to those start times a single digit as follows:
Look
at the decimal equivalent of the ASCII representation of the last
character of your callsign, and add the last digit to the above
suggested
start times.
  For example, My call is N8BJX, 'X' in ASCII is decimal 130, so I
would
add zero to the above example, and transmit on the 0,10,20,30,40
minute
marks.  Bob, WB4APR would look up 'R' in ASCII as 122, so he would use
2,
12,22.
  Let's not stress the network by scheduling as many collisions as
possible on every 10-minute mark!

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin