[aprssig] Free development tools for the OpenTracker

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 3 11:32:07 EST 2004

> > Yeah, it's only available for Windows (sorry Linux zealots),
>
> I prefer to be called "enthusiast"...

Entusiasts don't mind running Windows once in awhile.  It's the zealots that
are a problem.  =]

> Dude... Didn't I tweak your config code a while back so that the
> WxWindows and the text-based version would compile on Linux again
> (using GCC)?  I think we just need your updated back-end code for it
> and we could make a version that would work with the current
> OpenTracker firmware.  Of course that's a moving target, but that's
> a GOOD thing!

Yes, you did... and you're right, it's a bit of a moving target.  I'm faced
with the problem now of running out of screen space (since I'm trying to
stay compatible with an 800x600 screen) and like the TT3 config program,
it's gotten way too cluttered.  It's not just bad for usability, it's tough
to make a nice cross-platform version with a consistent look.

I'm thinking I'll probably have to switch to a tree view or something one of
these days.  Something that'd allow for a lot of on-screen descriptive text.
It'd probably make sense to do a major re-write like this using WxW... I
just haven't had time to try to learn it.  Something needs to be done.. that
code is really ugly.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker