[aprssig] Firenet F5RVX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 3 11:22:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, AE5PL Lists wrote:

> I don't believe this is an echo problem.  Rather, I believe F5RVX is
> connected to a Firenet server and to a standard APRS-IS server.  I think
> that Xastir is improperly gating packets between the servers.  I hope
> that this bug will be fixed in Xastir.  In the mean time, contact F5RVX
> directly at ph.ttv at free.fr to request he reconfigure his Xastir station
> for proper operation.

Investigating.  I'm not aware of any method for Xastir to gate
between servers, but it's always possible that someone's managed to
come up with something new, or that a bug was introduced recently.

Was it coming from any SSID other than 0?  F5RVX-0 appears to be
running the somewhat recent 1.4.0 release of Xastir.