[aprssig] Firenet F5RVX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 3 11:44:22 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, AE5PL Lists wrote:
>
> > I don't believe this is an echo problem.  Rather, I believe F5RVX is
> > connected to a Firenet server and to a standard APRS-IS server.  I think
> > that Xastir is improperly gating packets between the servers.  I hope
> > that this bug will be fixed in Xastir.  In the mean time, contact F5RVX
> > directly at ph.ttv at free.fr to request he reconfigure his Xastir station
> > for proper operation.

Please refrain from pummelling him with a large number of e-mails.
He may not know English all that well and he's already been
contacted.  The dual-connect problem has been temporarily solved as
well, so the objects should expire off your screens soon unless
you're connected to firenet directly.

We'll work through the issues and find a more permanent solution for
it.