[aprssig] convert serial weather data to tcp socket

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Jul 28 10:54:41 EDT 2004

> Lantronix makes some interesting little sugar cube sized Ethernet
> interfaces that also have a web server built into it.  It has at least
> one serial interface on it as well.  That sounds like a perfect fit.

Yeah..those are the ones I found online. However they require the client
to install a virtual serial driver onto the client machine.  All it does
is tunnel serial packets over TCP.

What Im really looking to do is convert the serial data to something a
TCP/IP program can simply open a TCP port and start consuming, thus
needing no special drivers or client software.

The custom low power linux box might be the easiest way.

-Tyler