[aprssig] Fixing HID problems on APRS!

Ron Cluster rcluster at rgisp.com
Sat Jul 24 20:49:57 EDT 2004

<snip>

I have set my TNC's mailbox to be available, and set the TNC's KANode as
well.  Both of these could be quite valuable during an blackout when
"normal" communication channels are out. BUT if I have HID set to off, how
will folks know that this resource is available?  As a "backup" I have set
the Beacon to once every 60 min and to use the standard APRS "quit" beacon
(somewhat confusing during 'normal' times, but very valuable during
emergency times)

<snip>

How are people going to know if it's available anyway? The APRS software
doesn't show me the HID packets anyway.

If I wanted to use regular packet for some odd reason, I won't be on 144.39
anyway.

73.....Ron.....AC7TK.....(-9 when mobile)
UI-View32 iGate in Eugene, OR