[aprssig] TH-D700 Assistance

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 09:13:14 EDT 2004

For a D7, and you are using it as a standalone tracker, NO pda or laptop
hooked to it,
1. put the radio on 144.39 SIMPLEX
2. press the TNC key till it shows TNC in the upper window
3. Then press BCON till BCON shows up in the upper portion on the window.

If you want to use a D7 WITH a pda or laptop
1. radio on 144.39 SIMPLEX
2. press the TNC key till it shows PACKET in the upper window
3. hook up the PDA or LAPTOP and run the APRS program
4. Have Winaprs or Pocket APRS initialize the D7.

For the D700, and using it as a standalone tracker, NO pda or laptop
1. radio on 144.39 SIMPLEX
2. Press the F key long enough so TNC lights up next to the LEFT/Lower soft
button
3. Press the TNC button till TNC APRS shows up in the upper left window
4. if GPS option is turned on, GPS should show up.
5. The GPS word will start flashing once the GPS is sending valid data
6. The radio will not send out a location unless you have BCON turned on
7. Turn on BCON by pressing the F key long enough so TNC lights up next to
the LEFT/lower soft button and
8. Press the 4th from the left lower soft key that says BCON. That should
turn on the BCON word along the top

D700 WITH laptop or PDA
1. radio on 144.39 SIMPLEX
2. Press the F key long enough so TNC lights up next to the LEFT/lower soft
button
3. Press the TNC button till TNC PKT shows up in the top row
4. Run you winaprs or pocket APRS program hooked to the serial port

Remember ANY other program on you tool bar might have hijacked your serial
port on the pc or laptop. AND WILL cornfuse the D700. Turn off any other
standby uses of the serial port, such as HOT sync, cell phone setup, etc.

save these instructions

 73,
Kent
KQ4KK